Monday, April 26, 2010

Bee Books by Laurie R. King

The only good thing about a blog with only a handful of followers is that I pretty much know each one personally! So that's how I know that at least two of my "fans" are beekeepers. (Jeff: meet Scott! Scott, meet Jeff! Jeff: join the blog!) See, if I had hundreds of fans, this blog wouldn't be nearly so friendly!

You might be wondering why I have this bee in my bonnet. I just received two books by Laurie R. King, who writes a series of mysteries about Mary Russell and her husband, Sherlock Holmes. Beekeeping makes an appearance in both The Language of Bees (Bantam; $15; paperback) and The God of the Hive (Bantam; $25). One warning, though: although both have bee-related titles, and a disappearing hive figures in at least the first of the two, murder--not beekeeping--is the major focus of both books.  I haven't read either book, but I have read Laurie R. King in the distant past. Her books are satisfying and well-crafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment